Re: Suzuki fa50 bogs down at full throttle.

The only use I ever had for a clone FA carb was to get a new float needle for cheap. Been sitting on the shelf ever since in the random off chance I need some fiddly bit from it.(edited)

> Axldeziak . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The only use I ever had for a clone FA carb was to get a new float

> needle for cheap. Been sitting on the shelf ever since in the random off

> chance I need some fiddly bit from it.

Ha . You're brave to even chance a clone to have a decent needle .

mark patterson /

UPDATEE PEOPLEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I ordered the knock off carb and it arrived today. I was pleansantly surprised! It seemed good quality to me! Put it on and my problem was gone and I was able to get her up to 25 woohoooo. I do still need to do a little tuning but I think overall I paid 26 for the new card and it works good. I personally thing its a great deal! Thanks for all the help

Can you share which specific carb you got off eBay? I'm having the same bogging issue and even after running my stock carb through an ultrasonic cleaning, I'm still having the same problems.

Thanks!

Yes it’s normal, and dip your carb in sonic bath st harbor freight for $70, it’s awesome, and pound your emulsion tube out , it’s underneath the main jet that should do it , hope that helped you

Ultrasonic cleaners are good tools , but , they are not the end all .

Cleaning carbs involves a bit more than just dropping them in a bath .

Some passages can be pretty small and no amount of sonic action will open them .

They sometimes have to be opened manually with a tiny wire , then sprayed out with brake cleaner , followed with compressed air .

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account