Moped Mechanic in SF Bay Area??

Matt Bettencourt /

i took my 1977 foxi gt into a motorcycle shop to get a new cylinder head put on (49 - 70cc) and the mechanic didn't finish the job. in the process he also took apart and destroyed my clutch. it was an original sachs set up (504). so now i have a non-working moped.

if anybody knows of somebody in the bay area who can get/put on a clutch for me please let me know. we have a new baby so there's zero chance i'm gonna have time to learn via youtube how to do that operation!

Re: Moped Mechanic in SF Bay Area??

Dude, babies are easy, and mopeds are dumb. You can do it.

Good luck.

Lol

Ha. You'll have plenty of time . New babies sleep about twenty hours a day .

You just have to learn how not to make them cry .

Mommy's nipples will go a long way in that^ direction .

Screaming "Fuck Mopeds!" Right after baby falls to sleep is inevitable, but still a bad idea.

Matt Bettencourt /

thanks for all the info... i'm with you that i could do it but i'm not gonna due to time constraints. i'd rather just throw some money at this problem to it's off my list. does anybody have info for a moped mechanic in the bay?!?!

Treatland bought all of Mike Cornell's sachs inventory. Take pictures and let Dana know what u are looking for. At least get the parts. I haven't worked on Sachs stuff and I live in Davis. And I don't do anything except for free. So keep posting with pictures or pm me. Bummer on the mistake of bringing a moped to a motorcycle shop. That's usually not a great idea. This can't be too difficult unless the mechanic really screwed things up and stripped other bolts. And the jug is on wrong. I imagine the whole thing has to come off to check his work.

« Go to Topic — end of thread