Drive sprocket wobble

I noticed my chain was pretty loose and my 77 e50 maxi completely down on power. Took off the air box and revved the engine and the drive sprocket is wobbling all over the place. Where do i start?

Re: Drive sprocket wobble

I can provide a running video, but all it will show is the chain whipping about, resulting in it dragging on the pedal posts, running guards and airbox when they are in place(edited)

Need to split the cases and replace that bearing

If you keep running it, you're gonna be replacing more than one bearing. I would rebuild the whole motor anyway.

if the final output shaft aint rockin than its slop on the sprocket, just get a new sprocket and some new clips n adjust yr chain tighter, u might as well get that seal if its leaking 17 40 7.

todd amundson /

That’s normal.

It’s science.

Its just the sprocket thats moving, not the shaft, how do i go about replacing the sprocket?

Overpriced Parts /

> Mike Flynn Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Its just the sprocket thats moving, not the shaft, how do i go about

> replacing the sprocket?

Remove the circlip and pull it off

Would bad engine bearings cause the moped to mis/backfire at around twenty? Also my friend thought it was a blocked exhaust, so he took it off, it went over 20mph, did 31. But as soon as it hit 20 the exhaust noise went from deafening to almost normal.

> Mike Flynn Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Would bad engine bearings cause the moped to mis/backfire at around

> twenty? Also my friend thought it was a blocked exhaust, so he took it

> off, it went over 20mph, did 31. But as soon as it hit 20 the exhaust

> noise went from deafening to almost normal.

Sounds like your pipe needs an oven cleaner treatment . That should bring it back to something 'normal' .

Baron Von Hamilton /

It is super common....new sprocket and clips.......one of my friends texted me with the same problem and similar video...he swapped sprockets and was all good.

new seal backwards too! and sprocket does wiggle a little, normal.

1546796946601-752077097.jpg

Okay so ive done so more research. Im definately fourstroking at 16-20. This with a combo of the bad sprocket explains all my problems.

What size sprocket should i get? Any suggested ratios?

« Go to Topic — end of thread