Honda Express Carb Troubles

Zach Carpenter /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hello,

I'm working on a honda express 1978 trying to get it running again im pretty new to working on these bikes and engines in general. While trying to work on the carb and get it to stop leaking gas. I noticed the inside did not match my other working bike of the same model. The first and second are the pictures of the not working bike, the third is the picture of the working bike.

IMG_6014.jpg
IMG_6013.jpg
IMG_6015.jpg

Inside it was missing two parts, the top brass part (im not sure what its called sorry) and the other needle looking part on the side (again sorry).

I'm not sure if the whole carb is junk or if I can repair it, i've looked all over the internet and can't find either of those parts. Any help would be great but if I need to get a new carb what would be my best bet, since they're are so few out there that work.

Thanks!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.