Need help separating minarelli v1 case

I just was given an extremely siezed minarelli v1 engine. And after removing it from the bike, I need a way to get it open to see what’s happening with the cylinder.

Being my first moped, I have no clue about moped engines at all so any insight would be much appreciated!

I will attach photos of what I’m working with shortly.

Re: Need help separating minarelli v1 case

Soak the top end in penetrating oil for a couple days. Use a wooden dowel and a hammer to free the piston. Watch some you tube vids

time to buy some tools and read the wiki, watch some videos, lefty loosey righty tighty fu every nut and every turn. or find a running ped now b4 u get tooo attached to this one.

Actually, the clutch nut on most v1 mopeds is reverse thread. Don't blow that one!!! Other than that take your time, having a few tools is a must if you're doing a full rebuild; flywheel, clutch, bearing puller, circlip pliers, maybe a case splitter. You can use a maap torch yo heat up the bearing journals, then tap the crank and output shaft with a rubber mallet to get the cases apart too, they usually come apart without a fight. I would recommend finding a pdf of the manual for minarelli v1 engine.

« Go to Topic — end of thread