Rear wheel on my Tomos LX will sometims sticks or get stuck. PLZ HELP

thad wingfield /

my rear wheel will sometimes get stuck going in the forward motion. when this happens it will go in the backwards motion just fine but not forward? this happens while motor is running or turned off. After pushing it forward it will sometimes release and drive fine for a while and then the problem repeats? I'm new to the moped world and bought a 2004 Tomos lx for my son and this problem just started a couple days ago. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.(edited)

Re: Rear wheel on my Tomos LX will sometims sticks or get stuck. PLZ HELP

theres a rear hub theres a backing plate that has a slot that slides into a pin on the swing arm. In Slot? Broke backing plate?

thad wingfield /

I'm away from moped but will check it out once I'm home today. The tire will spun backwards fine while it won't spun forward. The problem seams to be in the hin but I won't know for sure until I disconnect the chain. Thank you for the help. I can use any and all info.

Probably busted clutch shoes or spring.

thad wingfield /

If it's a busted clutch screw or spring would it still alow the tire to spun backwards? It also comes unstuck and will work fine for a while then seez up again? After looking at some diagrams I'm going to take it apart and see. Thank you for the reply and help.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

I know this from Beta 521 Engines, in wich it either means the freewheel unit(no clue if that's the right word for it) is fucked, the Teeth of the Transmission are bad so they hang and grab each other, or the cluch is bad. Those Beta Engines seem to be quite Simular to the Tomos, Sachs, Puch and other 2 Speed automatic moped engines.

Well it all depends on how it broke. Does it move at all or does it want to crank the engine over when you push it forward?

thad wingfield /

I removed the chain and the rear tier still gets stuck when moving it in the forward motion. so I know the problem is in the hub somewhere now. the odd thing is that when the tire sticks and wont rotate forward it will still rotate backwards just fine? going to look some info up on the brake and hub system. then open the hub up and see if I can find the issue. thank you for everyone's help so far. this group is very supportive and helpful. thanks again...

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account