Tomos targa is SUPER loud...

My 2002 Tomos Targa is extremely loud where the neighbors, well one in particular complained. I dont want it completely silent cuz that noise could potentially save my life by letting others on the road know I'm present. But it really is just wayyyyy loud! I just bought it off someone. Theres a giant hole at the end of the muffler, is something missing? Can I put something on it to quiet it down a bit? Or do I need to get a whole new muffler? And when I start it up, the back tire spins way too fast. I know maybe my carb needs readjusting or can the muffler be the cause of it?

Re: Tomos targa is SUPER loud...

Does that look like a stock or aftermarket pipe?

This Is the hole I'm talking about, I had issues attaching it to the 1st post.

Screenshot_20190106-082058_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190106-082058_Gallery.jpg

Your 'hole' pic didn't show .

And , that's an aftermarket pipe . Likely , you simply have to find a silencer that will fit decent .Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/19 11:37AM by pdcomm.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Yeah, your baffle is mostly gone. Grab yourself a baffle, or just get a new pipe. The tecno bullet is pretty cheap, about $60. I'd save a little though and go for the a55 estoril or technigas.

I saw s baffle on treatland, how can I tell if that will fit??

And thanx A LOT for ur knowledge and info!

15468057106663102185895010394545.jpg

Yeah lol you need a baffle

Looks like you could make a decent baffle out of a soup tin can .

Use the pipe you have and see if you can find a tin can the will fit just inside the end of the pipe . Bend the upper lip of the can so it almost touches the opposing lip . Pull the sides that widened together so they fit inside the pipe 'cup' . The open end of the can should end up looking like a sick smile , while the closed end should still be round . Drill or cut enough holes in the resulting ridges of the can . Then drill a hole in the end of the can , just a touch smaller than the hole coming out of the pipe chamber . Fasten the can in the pipe 'cup' with a couple of screws and run it .

Note : you may have to cut the can a bit shorter to fit nicely into the pipe cup .Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/19 04:08PM by pdcomm.

by the tume u buy a baffle and have someone weld it, youd be close to price on a new one.

Kinda like the coke can but a better can. I was watching a YouTube video, someone did the coke csn but stuffed it with brillo. Their engine started smoking.

But what u described is totally different, thank you!

That was my next question, how would I mount it on. So it does need to be welded on.

Do you know if any of these would work?

Screenshot_20190106-202844_OfferUp.jpg

Screenshot_20190106-202831_OfferUp.jpg

https://www.treatland.tv/tomos-A55-tecno-bullet-pipe-chrome-baffle-p/tomos-a55-tecno-bullet-20017.htm

No direct baffle replacement for it but if you want a new replacement here ya go.

Jack Rutherford /

Just get a new exhaust, the real question here is why someone hacked yours in pieces.

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Just get a new exhaust, the real question here is why someone hacked

> yours in pieces.

That would be nice , but , not everyone is cash/liquid rich .

Seems to me that anyone would be a lot happier if they made a simple , no cost , modification to what they already have .

todd amundson /

Looks like a stock Tomos bullet pipe to me. You can’t just stick a red bull can on there and call it good. First thing you can tell is that you have 1 inch of stinger left. Have fun fixing that. Save your money and do it right, buy a pipe.

> todd amundson Wrote:

> Looks like a stock Tomos bullet pipe to me. You can’t just stick a red

> bull can on there and call it good. First thing you can tell is that you

> have 1 inch of stinger left. Have fun fixing that. Save your money and

> do it right, buy a pipe.

Sure he 'can' . Heck , the OP probably doesn't even know what a stinger is .

All he wants is to quiet the pipe .

Any aftermarket pipe is not going to be very quiet .

todd amundson /

> P D Wrote:

> > todd amundson Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Looks like a stock Tomos bullet pipe to me. You can’t just stick a red

>

> > bull can on there and call it good. First thing you can tell is that

> you

>

> > have 1 inch of stinger left. Have fun fixing that. Save your money and

>

> > do it right, buy a pipe.

>

> Sure he 'can' . Heck , the OP probably doesn't even know what a stinger

> is .

>

> All he wants is to quiet the pipe .

>

> Any aftermarket pipe is not going to be very quiet .

Quieter than that abortion.

> todd amundson Wrote:

> Quieter than that abortion.

You're 'probably' right about that , but , most likely not by much . ;)

Ya, ultimately you are right. But sooo many creative, smart people out there who have great ideas that actually work.

I bought it like that. I like the noise but neighbors complained. And I agree, its reallyyyy loud. I got it for $370

You could get this stinger from treats, and a piece of exhaust pipe from the auto parts store that will slip over the stinger and your current pipe then bolt or rivit them together.

https://www.treatland.tv/simonini-stinger-and-packing-pack-p/simonini-stinger-and-packing.htmEdited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/19 07:37AM by xmb63.

Totally agree with you guys !

« Go to Topic — end of thread