Re: A3 weak spark

Does this seem right?

75FAE109-C994-4760-A043-EC5FC7780EDA.jpeg

I have continually from both the black and blue wires back to the points screw. Weather the points are open or not. Idk if I’m doing this right. This electrical stuff is not my sting suit...I barely know how to use the multimeter.

thats a resistance cap 5k. might be ok. others will chime in. but for sure your problem is somethings grounding out on the hot side. just think about it for a second. what happens when u kill a bike w a switch, you kill spark by grounding the hot side. so nothing nothing on hot side can touch ground. just go wire by wire. might be your condenser w all unsoldered wires has continuity from tip to body. or one of the wires touching ground somewhere, ya gotta find it if u want spark, im out.

Does anyone know of or have an easy replacement for this thing?

> Josh Kiser Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Does anyone know of or have an easy replacement for this thing?

What thing are you asking about ?

Whatever it takes to guarantee that I will have spark and get the thing on the road. That’s why I keep going back to the treatland cdi party pack. But idk?

> Josh Kiser Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Whatever it takes to guarantee that I will have spark and get the thing

> on the road. That’s why I keep going back to the treatland cdi party

> pack. But idk?

I believe you will be best to solve your problem with stock points ignition before attempting to switch to CDI, or you may compound your issue. A CDI is unforgiving, and any error, or bad ground and you won't have just a weak spark, you will have no spark. Points ignition is way more reliable than the new, cheap electronics.

You have a ground problem. Find it.

Or keep throwing money at it until you are broke, and frustrated and end up selling the whole damn non-running thing for $100.

So when you say check for the points screw...did you mean the one that holds it to the stator or the one that’s holds the wire in place? I was testing at the wire the hole time which I think was wrong... I don’t have continuity on the black wire to the hold down screw.

ok, im back, Try this method, post a bunch of multiple numerous many alotta different continuity tests " not just one "and list them. Starting from....where spark is generated to final boom.

« Go to Topic — end of thread