A55 seized...

Neighbor bought my revival...never oiled it. Gave it back. Now I'm putting it in my sprint...I keep hearing the a55 cylinder and head are capable of "performance quality" stuff... shouldn't I take it down to machine shop, bore and mill the head? Have same dude order new piston when I'm there? Or is it worth treats upgrades? IDK how far I can bore oem head before failure...so there we go.

15468338113125104116788771649611.jpg

Re: A55 seized...

Dirty30 Dillon /

That's not an OEM cylinder, that's an Airsal.

Yes I posted the wrong pic... I'm going to use that airal for now.

Dirty30 Dillon /

That Airsal looks like it had multiple leaks, make sure you use fresh gaskets

u cant "bore" a head let alone a nikasil cylinder.airsal or stock unless its got the metal liner.

If there is intact nicasil the most u would need is a new Piston, or just rings. If the nicasil is gouged and flaked off etc then just buy a new kit or oem jug. But some nicasil loss is workeable. If this bike is just an other in the here and not even your favorite I'd try to reassemble that with as Dillon mentioned new gaskets and check for warpage etc. Let us know how it turns out.

There was a leak everywhere there could be on the airal..bought it that way. Paid to much...one more Newb question, I can't get the studs out of the case. I'm worried about gaskets and seals and such. I've already WD40 soaked them and put vise grips on so tight I couldn't hardly breakem loose. Vise grips just spin, chewing on the studs. Ty for the help.

15469197489076116460986160287786.jpg

Can I heat them up to get them out? Is what I was getting after.

Nevermind. Newbs.

So it's the case from hell! And now it's back to your garage.

« Go to Topic — end of thread