Sachs Suburban 505 points cover

Haden Asay /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hello, I just recently picked up a 1980 Sachs Hercules Suburban with a 505 1/d engine. The bike doesn't currently run because of it having no spark. I have determined that it is either the coil or the points. So my question is how do I go about getting the points cover off. I assume it just snaps off and you can get it off by hammering the notches on the top and bottom with a flathead, but I want to be certain and I can't find anything on it. I also want to know if there may be some kind of trick to it or some way to make it easier.

If my points are fine and it is the coil, how do I go about disconnecting the wires to it? Do I have to cut the wires and do some soldering or is there some kind of connector in the headlight bucket, if so, how is the headlight supposed to come out. There's a screw holding it in at the bottom, but with it removed the headlight doesn't budge.

Thank you for your time.

15468993859686442763309526248650.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account