Stumped 1979 Yankee Peddler custom with no spark.

I have no clue what the issue could be. I've redone all the wiring with new cables and completely rebuilt the engine. It originally needed the rebuild due to a busted bearing. But now I have zero spark. I've replaced all the components with new ones and still no luck. Idk if it's timing or what but I am getting absolutely zero spark. I'm in Northern California between SF and Sacramento and if anyone can help either here or in person I would be happy to supply beer, travel (reasonable distance) and even pay a little to get my bike on the road. Picture of bike included.

IMG_1424.jpeg

Re: Stumped 1979 Yankee Peddler custom with no spark.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Clean your points, gap them to spec, and check grounds/wiring. I'd replace the condenser if you havent.

I think for v1 you just have to ground the blue wire from the stator to test for spark? Someone correct me if im wrong

Unhook your kill switch wire. Could be grounded.

Check the tail light

Richard Eberline /

Inline Junction (like a safety fuse made with wire) found this on a AMF 140.

Check all wires for breaks.

Honda scrambler fuel tank?

Glad this bike still pops up. Poor things been through a lot over the years. I second checking taillight and make sure all grounds are on bare metal. Double check the spark plug boot and wire connections, they can come loose and kill spark.

Good luck!

« Go to Topic — end of thread