Carb shim material

What would a good material for a carb shim be? Ordered one for my 14.12 off of treats but it’s too big to fit on my shorty intake. What kind of material could I use that would stand up to some abuse

Re: Carb shim material

Too big in what dimension?

Inner dimension. I believe it was made for a curvy intake which I also have but the filter would hit the Chain and hinder performance

You bought the wrong size shim.

Measure the OD of the intake to find what shim you need

its a drag but but u do have to measure b4 u put in the order. easiest to buy the right shim instead of fabbing one.

ina pickle a beer can , electrical tape or foil hi temp tape yup and a rubber mallet bro make an o ring with an old inner tube smack it on and itll work for a bit lol ive made shims out of my girlfriends nail polish caps still work too :)

I cut out strips from milk jugs. gas resistant, very compressible, slick, very nice thickness and easily available everywhere. just adjust length to adjust fit. you can even have it only 3/4 of a full circle and it'll seal, or start into a second wrap if you need tighter fit

> rory . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> ina pickle a beer can , electrical tape or foil hi temp tape yup and a

> rubber mallet bro make an o ring with an old inner tube smack it on and

> itll work for a bit lol ive made shims out of my girlfriends nail polish

> caps still work too :)

Do not use electrical tape or foil tape. They are not gas resistant. The the tape goes doesnt go over your engine, the massive air leak will

I 3d print them. my 3d printed shims work fine but its probably easier just to order the correct size.

https://www.1977mopeds.com/product-p/774916.htm

look at all the choices on that page. im sure its available.1977 mopeds shim sizes

Maybe too big

> kenny s Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> https://www.1977mopeds.com/product-p/774916.htm

>

> look at all the choices on that page. im sure its available.1977 mopeds

> shim sizes

Lemme know how that works out for ya.

« Go to Topic — end of thread