tomos front wheel off center?

ben henderson /

I'm putting my tomos back together and maybe I should have looked at the front assembly more before taking the wheel off

because now that I have it back on the way I think it goes the wheel sits off to one side

it is not centered between the forks.

Is this wrong?

0124191918.jpg

Re: tomos front wheel off center?

Yes,that's wrong. Do you have your speedometer gear mounted?

ben henderson /

I think so, there was no cable going to it but in the first pic there is an extra part

that has a place for a cable to screw onto.

(ignore the scratch mark, I spun the wheel before having the locking tab in place)

0124192027.jpg
0124192027a.jpg

The forks MAY be narrowing as they extend farther down. I'm not even sure you have the speedo gear on the correct side.

I'll go look at the StreetMate, but it has a disc brake rotor instead.

Someone here that owns one like that could be of more help.

Tomos manual might have an illustration also.

Here may be a link,but your bike is newer. There are other Tomos manuals on this site.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_XV6hhm02gbGv8vjG857et4q2-iBtmxi

ben henderson /

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Here may be a link,but your bike is newer. There are other Tomos manuals

> on this site.

>

> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_XV6hhm02gbGv8vjG857et4q2-iBtmxi

Manual was helpful! Seems I have all the parts in the right place. It does look as though one fork was compressed more than the other when I took the pic. If I move the suspension up and down at some points it looks centered and other times it does not. So it might just be that one side has weaker spring?

Also, the fuel tank says targa LX, but mine has a A3 (port, not reed) engine. Is this a swapped tank, or motor...or was there a targa lx with the A3?

Anyway, onto the next issue...getting the old swing arm bushing out. It had a lot of play. I don't have any fancy pulling tools and I fear that a hammer isn't going to get the job done. That's a problem for tomorrow though.

w the wheel off are the two shock towers the same height? sometimes if u twist the shock it will lengthen/shorten, etc. also the fender bracket helps align the towers as well. looking at it straight the towers should be vertical as possible add washers, also use washers on the b4 cranking down on wheel nuts.

« Go to Topic — end of thread