Re: 06 Tomos Sprint kickstart Return Spring Mount Problem

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Thanks for your reply. Yes it is an A35 cover. It's funny, when i didn't get any quick replies I figured if i didn't hear anything i would just de-grime the cover, and JB Weld the bracket and stopper on. It's good to know there isn't a better solution that I am missing. I do have the return spring and rubber stopper as well, just not pictured.

Thankfully this moped doesn't have oil injection, but you are right that it is a pain in the ass to hook all this up after you take the kickstart off, especially in a cold garage when i found out the bracket was missing. I only hope I will go through this whole process one more time.

Do you know how the kickstart stop pin is attached to the bracket originally? Are they welded together? From the one or two blurry pictures I have seen, it looks like the bike side of the pin may be flattened out almost like a rivet to hold it from popping out of the bracket/cover. I may try that before I JB Weld the rest together, just thought I would ask.

Thanks for the help already, I will try to post after pics for other people experiencing the same issue.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account