Winter maintenance completed!

Kristoffer Johnson /

1980 Tomos Bullet

Took the bike down to the nuts and bolts. Had the paintable parts powder coated. While I waited two weeks for the powder coating to be done I went through EVERYTHING. Clutch, brakes, carb, replaced little parts that needed to be replaced, etc. I gave up on the cable speedo because it kept munching spinners and was always off by 10 mph. Connected up a bike digital speedo and it works well! Replacement decals don’t appear to be sticking as well as I like to powered coat. If the decals don’t hold I’ll have to find something else or go nude I guess.

Now on to the next project!(edited)

4E7A2487-5342-44CD-B951-F994B0821929.jpeg
1BED8DCB-92B9-4675-B263-980BCF4B75DD.jpeg

Re: Winter maintenance completed!

Looking good . ;)

Which speedometer did you end up mounting ?

And , do the decals peel off easily ? Did you clean the surface with alcohol prior to applying them ?

Pressure sensitive adhesive does not like being applied in the cold. The metal should be at 60-70 degrees F for good adhesion.

Or, if you get it super cold first, then lick the bike where you want the sticker. :)

Looks great tho!(edited)

Great looking machine, are those bar-end turn signals? If so where did they come from and how do they work? (are you happy with them) Love the rack and baskets. Excellent work.

Kristoffer Johnson /

All work was done inside the 68’ shop. All prep was done for the stickers. We'll see how they last.

Bike computer is a sigma bc 5.16. It has a nice range for the sensor and is easy to program.

Those are bar end blinkers. I’ve had them on for a while and they work well!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B015HBC4U0/

^Are they visible in daylight hours?

Kristoffer Johnson /

The blinkers are ok...not great though. I like that they auto turn off after a bit.

Great looking bike Man!

Looks good Kris! Also would lid to know what speedo you mounted. I'm not having luck with the old ones either....

> Les B. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Looks good Kris! Also would lid to know what speedo you mounted. I'm not

> having luck with the old ones either....

Quote:

"Bike computer is a sigma bc 5.16."

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account