1980 Sachs Hercules Suburban Key

Hello everyone, I can't seem to figure out what the key on my suburban is for. I'm almost certain it is for a steering lock but I can't find the point where it will let me turn the key. I thought it might be an ignition thing, but the bike starts without it and I didn't see it in the wiring diagram. Is there a trick to engage it? Is it common for these to break? The bike looks almost brand new. I don't have a title, if it is broken, is it possible it's stolen? Thank you.

IMG_20190129_130906.jpg

Re: 1980 Sachs Hercules Suburban Key

Lol, I literally just figured it out. You have to push in as well as turn.

too clean and nice to be stolen, thieves normally tear stuff up pretty quick, vins gone, rattle canned, etc. i've never got a moped w the headset key, kinda nice.

This is the nicest bike I've ever owned so I doubt it's stolen too, but if the steering lock was broken that would've changed so thankfully it isn't :)

> Haden Asay Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> This is the nicest bike I've ever owned so I doubt it's stolen too, but

> if the steering lock was broken that would've changed so thankfully it

> isn't :)

I was just trying this on my G3 the other day and couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t lock haha so you have to push the key in and turn?

You have to turn the key and then push in.

Funniest story of stolen bikes,

here's the short version:

Some thieved nabbed a dudes bravo. All they had to do to start it was pedal it at speed enough to turn over and it'd start right up.

Except they didn't know that, looked it over, found the forklock and mustve assumed it was the starter, they managed to fuck with it to the point they actually locked it, thus disabling themselves from an otherwise totally running bike.

Luckily they gave up. Some corner kid hit us up at a gas station when we were all riding, Eugene and I went with him back to this super sketchy trap, gave the dudes 40 bucks and left with the bike. all because they wholly misunderstood that lock.

« Go to Topic — end of thread