1982 Iowa Honda NU50 repair questions

I have been slowly rebuilding said noped for almost a year after saving it from a junk yard. Didn't come with rear turn signal mount or signals, Air box also missing . Looking for replacement. What size jet do I get for aftermarket Air filter? Not opposed to aftermarket parts. Just need to make it work, eager to get it on the road. Also didn't come with oil tank so I plan to premix after plugging oil pump and capping off the original carb. Also wanted to bypass choke. And im looking for replacement wheels (rims and all). I know it is a lot of questions at once, thanks for your patience and help.

I will post pictures later this week hopefully.

Re: 1982 Iowa Honda NU50 repair questions

Captain Janeway /

Say hi to your new best friend. Seriously, it will answer most of your questions'

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vxdUocvohov-VU1KVuOY-9YquFpw7fok

What size jet you use is dependent on how you tune it. I'd suggest getting it to stock first. I will save you a ton of headaches if you don't have a lot of experience with these.

The stock carb comes with an 85 jet, but I don't see what carb you're using.

If you're using stock everything and use a pod filter it will probably get you running but you'll have to be checking temps to make sure you're not going to soft seize

If autochoke is working right now, just leave it.

Reminder that if it's an Iowa bike it's much slower and you'll have to do some searches through MA for any tiny increases in speed. You'll be going about 25 mph

There's tons of good info in here about Urbans.

Jesus G. saldivar /

They are super reliable nopeds , I have 2 of them and I have completely disassemble them and put back together. Put everything stock first and once it is working, then go for the mods, my advice, I hope it works for you.

Thanks

Thanks for the Manuel!!!! It's stock but lots of missing parts which is part of why it's taken so long to get it all put together. Thanks again for the info!

Jack Rutherford /

Air box also missing . Looking for replacement.

stock air box tends to be pricey. You can try in the buy/sell forum here.

What size jet do I get for aftermarket Air filter?

My Iowa came with an 85 main jet. Check your current jet size. If 85, it should be more than enough for any aftermarket air filter you add as Honda seemed to overcompensate on the main jet for the regular Urban and even moreso for the Iowa edition. The rear fender mount will get in your way for almost any aftermarket air filter. You'll need an extension with 25mm inner diameter to get an aftermarket air filter up and over that rear fender mount.

Also didn't come with oil tank so I plan to premix after plugging oil pump and capping off the original carb.

I've had 4 Urbans and every oil tank leaked. Press your luck or pass.

Also wanted to bypass choke.

You'd have to get a carb with a manual choke or else starting your bike with stock carb and no choke would be fun.

And im looking for replacement wheels (rims and all).

These tend to be expensive on eBay. You can try here in buy/sell forum.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account