A55 carb air/gas screw on stock carb.

I might have given the air gas screw a turn or two. I didn't count rotations. Is there a way to get it back to optimal? Or a way to know when you have it right?

Re: A55 carb air/gas screw on stock carb.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

As a rule of thumb. It is either 1 and a half turns from fully closed. Or 4 and a half. This is for all carbs. Have it wot when you close it don't screw it into your slider.

What do you mean by don't screw it into your slider? Does that mean just don't over turn it?

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> Dylan C. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What do you mean by don't screw it into your slider? Does that mean just

> don't over turn it?

When he says that i think he is referring to the idle speed screw, which is usually pointed, and if the idle screw is backed far enough out, the throttle slide can go down too far so that when you tighten the idle speed screw, it pushes straight into the side of the slide instead of pushing it upward.

The air mixture screw is different, you need to turn it all the way in from where it was originally and count the rotations. Then, turn outward 1/4 to 1/2 turn at a time until your throttle response is nice and crispy....simply put (assuming your carburetor jetting and timing are already correct)

« Go to Topic — end of thread