Primary ignition coil

I have reason to believe the primary coil is dead on my E50 6 wire stator plate w/ external ignition coil. I looked but I am only able to find replacement light coils. Can a 6v light coil be used as a replacement?

attached is the coil I'm talking about

InkedUSED-puch-stator-semi-nude-2_LI.jpg

Re: Primary ignition coil

Have you put an ohmmeter to the coil?

4.6 ohm

If you need a coil I probably got some laying around just pay a for shipping.

These work good also:

Ignition Module Coil For STIHL 070 090 090AV 090G MS720 Chainsaw New

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B071KVVRC7/

Might be able to find a USA seller that can get it to you fast

it most likely something else, the coil is just a piece of metal w copper wound around it. if it has continuity and isnt shorted somewhere its probably fine. look elesewhere for no spark condition.

The most common thing that most young or inexperienced moped mechanics struggle with is the machines electrical and ignition system.  Most systems are actually very simple and crude by todays technology standards. Often times people tend to over-complicate and over-think things when trying to diagnose their machine’s inability to run or function properly.  As a rule, 99.9% of  mopeds that don’t fire/get spark are not due to a faulty secondary HT coil (the one with the spark plug wire attached to it).  Also on that same note, electrical components usually break-down from either corrosion or heat or physical damage…in other words, usually, they don’t just break for no reason. The ignition parts that will most likely be the root of your inability to get a spark will either be in the contact points or the ignition switch/wiring.

> Don M Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> 99.9% of  mopeds that don’t fire/get

> spark are not due to a faulty secondary HT coil (the one with the spark

> plug wire attached to it).  Also on that same note, electrical

> components usually break-down from either corrosion or heat or

> physical damage…in other words, usually, they don’t just break for no

> reason. The ignition parts that will most likely be the root of your

> inability to get a spark will either be in the contact points or the

> ignition switch/wiring.

Unless you have a Moby, then it's probably all bad

its the horn man its the horn

Richard Eberline /

I can test all parts, volts, watts and heat reaction. Spark and kv. Can test a condenser. Sent the stator to me. I have a test stand, that I made.

« Go to Topic — end of thread