Tomos Streetmate ignition coil mistery????

Dragan Jerbic /

To start, I consider my self to know pretty good Tomos mopeds. Repaired many in my past but this time I run into a dead end!!

Tomos streetmate 2007 no spark. I had on hand older version of ignition coil (two wire) connected and no problem. Bought a new ignition coil (3 wire) bypass the red (meaning no con tact or kill button in play) but nothing....I went out and bought ONE more ignition coil thinking might be defective but guess what.....STILL no spark????

Anybody had a same problem or anyone knows how to fix it.....Thanks in advance:)

Re: Tomos Streetmate ignition coil mistery????

Pictures plz. You cant run the 3 wire box on the two wire stator

the og coil pack has a built in cdi, dont u have the 2 wires vlack white just for the ext. pickup? pictures would help.

I've been carrying an extra CDI in my tool bag for 14 yrs. Never needed one in all the thousands of miles I've run it. Still, I'm keeping it in there. LOL!

Dragan Jerbic /

I was talking about CDI....

Dragan Jerbic /

It's a 3 wire stator....and 2 wire CDI works but 4 wire CDI doesn't...no spark:(

Oh you think the 2 wire box works on the 3 wire stator? No way dude, try again! Obviously it doesnt otherwise it would be sparking. On the 3 wire there is 2 wires from the pick up(blk and white)and one from the ignition coil(red). They all have to be plugged in. 3 and 4 wire boxes are interchangeable as there is no differnece other than a spare contact for a kill to be wired in. Google 2007 tomos streetmate wiring diagram and get the right stuff this time.

If the 2 wire CDI works but 4 wired CDIs don't, assuming you have everything connected properly, then it sounds to me like either:

- someone swapped the streetmate's flywheel for an A35 flywheel - like an 01-02 Revival flywheel which would have starter teeth but possibly no metal strip for the pickup? I've never actually seen one.

or

- the pickup is bad

Dragan Jerbic /

i see what you mean...any way to test pick up?

The little metal strip is present on your flywheel then, I take it? If so, I think you've established either the pickup or its wires are bad by testing it against a good stator (verified by the 2 wire CDI) and two new 4-wire CDIs.

I suppose you might be able to test by hooking up a multimeter to it and moving the flywheel by hand, but I don't know what reading would be considered good or even what to be testing for.

Dragan Jerbic /

I think I know what the problem is....pick up is not aligned at all with that peace on magneto seatting way to low...is there space under the pick on your mopeds guys?:)

20190211_185405.jpg

Dragan Jerbic /

Just found it....anyone knows the size of it?:)

10404_afstandsbus_pickup_tomos.jpg

Looks like a 6mm bore and 10 mm 'tall' .

« Go to Topic — end of thread