Variator weights answer...

todd amundson /

If someone say's 18.6 grams of variator weight, do they mean 18.6 grams total? Or 18.6 grams in each slot. I'm sure it's 18.6 total but I'm in a fight with my other personality right now about the right answer. Thanks

Yes I only know single speed e50 stuff.

Re: Variator weights answer...

Total weight.

i used a rubber hose in my rear spring with a bolt through it & nut on the other side, tightened it up equally on both sides about 9 turns, it acted like a lighten ball effect.

^ seems legit

todd amundson /

Thanks, Im really having a tough time with a derbi. I didn't build the motor. Has yellow contra, treats plate and still can't break 40. No shit.

Is it variating fully? With treats rumpus plate you may want to go back to stock contra and drop down the weight in the rollers

> Mike Boyd Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Is it variating fully? With treats rumpus plate you may want to go back

> to stock contra and drop down the weight in the rollers

What he said. Go back to stock contra spring and 24-18g of weight. I run 24g in mine because I don't like it screaming it's ass off all the time and I'm not the only one that rides it. 21g to me is good but still a little on the screamy side but not bad. 18g will get the job but but will scream and suck PLENTY of gas.....

Derbis are usually very limited by gearing. Go as tall as possible.

And yes, rumpus plate is designed for very weak rear springs

is your slide all the way up @ full wick?

todd amundson /

I have gone back to the TJT plate, 21 grams, was able to squeeze 7100 rpm out of it but still no 40 mph. This should rip dicks! It's a flatreed with a 47mm kit! I even went from a MVT premium ignition to a Powerdynamo and it still won't do much. Even went from a TM24 to a 21 phbg and it's the same shit. Yes full wick.

todd amundson /

Oh yeah. If I approach a decline and start going down grade/hill, the bike feels as if it downshifts and slows down. This stupid bitch goes slower down hill!!!!??????

Put it on the stand.

Rev.

Does it go to full variation really really quick?

If so, your rear spring needs to be replaced with a stronger one,

What is your gearing?

What's your jetting on the phbg? What reeds? Oh and what pipe? 13/35 gearing?

My piston port is geared at 21x24 and goes over 40.

Gear as tall as fucking possible.

Dirty30 Dillon /

7400 RPM's is very low for your setup.

My FR with Airsal/Metra spends most of it's time at 9.5/10 and wont start over-rev until about 52mph.

i still say the slide is not up all the way...

your clutch will take beating at slow , down low take -offs all day long unless u peddle the 1st 8 miles an hour all the time.

DILLON's right about the lack luster rev's

« Go to Topic — end of thread