AV7 carter bolts...OEM....NOS....where to find 15 of them?

kevin Smellaflange /

i'm trying to get 15 carter bolts for my 3 moby bottom ends...anyone have a good source?

Re: AV7 carter bolts...OEM....NOS....where to find 15 of them?

Dirty30 Dillon /

www.newmobycarterbolts.com

kevin Smellaflange /

this site can't be reached...my 40+ year older bolts are

most likely stretched by now....iv'e used them 3 times so far...i'm using 11 ft lbs of grunt on them.

Baron Von Hamilton /

Try

www.newmobycarterbolts.org

Works on my PC. Are you using an Apple?

kevin Smellaflange /

no just a pc...does moped division have good ones? iv'e

heard treats are different through out the bolt.

so i thought old OEM would be the ticket...

i would think 5 tower style bolts would be $7 a set or so?

Have you tried your local hardware store? I don't remember there being anything unusual about them, just standard metric hex head bolts right?

Do you mean Case bolts? if so, theres' a set on treats, and thats the best bet, as although m7 hex head cap screws are not too bad, M7 is rare, and then M7 with 1.25 thread for the top two case bolts that are up by the base gasket are not easy to find, literally made in France or something, or expensive. i thought about changing them all to allens, and then i realized the m7x1.25 and gave up. you can get m7 stainless, but those top two will again be the lone ones. i have not experimented with drilling out those and then using long hexbolts or stainless, at that point, you're almost free to do anything. Fasteners have their own language, totally recommend McmasterCarr to not only try to find hardware, but t learn the correct language for what you are looking for.

kevin Smellaflange /

thanks....these bottom end bolts are shaped like a tower on end, they are pretty strong, french only as i'm told...but maybe i could look for some seized crank motors ''cheap'' and use them.

so if anyone has 2 cheap AV7 bottom ends i would like to get these projects done for April...thanks

« Go to Topic — end of thread