More garelli clutch woes

Jon Herr /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

A while back my garelli rally sport and it's NOI rubber clutch gave me such a headache I just left it sit in my dining room for a while but due to some garbage weather I decided to take another look at it.

Originally I tore it apart and cleaned up some melted bushings, put it back together and it ran for a little. Ended up stalling out at idle speeds after a while when I was stopped, and finally the cable snapped so I let it go for a while.

Rigged up a new cable, tore it apart and made sure the clutch was assembled correctly (that damn spring setup is a bitch) but now when I tried to start it it feels like the clutch isn't engaging at all. There's no difference in feel between the lever pulled or not pulled, just feels like it's pedaling and won't start.

Trying to figure this out, do I need bigger/taller bushings in there to engage the rubber clutch? Is that rubber star just sticking? I guess the clutch doesn't make total sense to me so trying to pinpoint what's not working right has me pulling my hair out and any advice would be awesome

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account