Sachs G4 505 / 1D engine rebuild

Len Shannon /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

i have a Sachs 505 / 1D. I have had it since it was new way back in the stone age. The engine has only 1681 miles on it. Back in the 90s my Father used it for awhile and had it tuned up and running. it has been sitting for 15 years in storage now the engine is locked up . I pulled the trans cover off the clutch seems in good shape .The pedals turn freely but when I pull the clutch handle (decompression) it didn't budge an inch.So I pulled the spark plug and filled the head with WD40 and let it sit. Still nothing! The next step was to remove the head. With a little effort it came off.Cylinder inside is in really nice condition can still see hoaning marks from the factory. Piston rings fell apart in my hand like dry crackers. I find out the crank bearings are jamed and the piston needle cage is really stiff. I sprayed the the side of the motor let it sit then rocked the flywheel back and forth until the motor turned free. now I need some advice and help before I open the motor . If it is just the crank bearings and piston parts do I have to touch the rest of the gear drive ( it all seems to turn freely with no grinding or skipping)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account