Qingqi Kasea 50 (Spree/Razz clone) no spark

Picked up this little scooter in a package deal. Chinese and manufactured by Qingqi. Basically going through it to get it running. Only post I can find on here just tells someone to find another forum.

I'm not getting any spark. Checked ignition and kill switches and then disconnected them altogether. Replaced ignition coil and plug with known good parts. Went through the wire harness and can't find a cdi anywhere. Surely it doesn't have points? Regardless, I'm still not getting spark.

Any ideas?

Re: Qingqi Kasea 50 (Spree/Razz clone) no spark

My Spree (1983) had a CDI.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Mac Patten Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> find another forum.

☝?

Dirty30 Dillon /

Read: This isn't the most consistent source of information for scooter stuff, you would indeed probably be better suited in reaching out to a scooter forum where a greater percentage of the folks have experience with the bike you have/bikes of that same vein,

Try this: hondaspree.net You will likely not be insulted for seeking help.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Who's insulting anyone?

10/4, gentlemen. Thank you.

kinky!

at least that's how I always pronounced it

it's not a spree clone, the motors actually a clone of a Suzuki I think it was called the Suzuki love? CL50 - but it was a short lived model and the parts pretty uncommon.

I think it's the D1E41QMB motor.

Definitely CDI, but it was a 1 piece, like tomos mopeds and others, the HT coil and CDI are one piece I believe. No trigger, it's triggered by the magneto change in polarity. I bet you can search D1e41qmb coil and find one that works. I THIIIIINK you might be able to use other 1 piece CDI/coil combos like the parmakit CDI on treatland, one from tomos mopeds, or maybe from a KTM 50 dirtbike.

check fr power out of the stator, it's only 2 wires? or 3? if it's 3 i'm pretty sure one of them needs to be grounded.

« Go to Topic — end of thread