MJ50 Percocet rebuild kit or replacement?

All I keep getting are QT50 peacocks. Do they work on the MJ50 or can someone send me a link to a rebuild or new one? Mine is leaking like a sieve.

Re: MJ50 Percocet rebuild kit or replacement?

Jack Rutherford /

i dont think that yt60 one will work. ill look at my towny to check. try babbitsonline.com

Jack Rutherford /

just checked. mj50 and yt60 are different part numbers for petcock.

Jack Rutherford /
mj50petcock.png

here's the mj50 petcock. It even has screws. I would just take the screws out, clean it and either cut a new gasket or maybe you'll get lucky and qt50 petcock gasket will work.

The pw50 petcock is the closest thing that I've seen that might work. You'd probably just have to take the two lines coming out of the tank and T or Y them into one line or just cap off one of the two lines and you'd lose your reserve function.

btw, are you buying petcocks from the idiot on eBay who seems to think that his qt50 petcock will work on the towny? I think his user name is custom-moto-pro out of Iowa.(edited)

According to the parts fiche , the MJ50 petcock is unique .

No other model uses it .

You might consider 2 in line shut offs . One for normal tank and one for reserve .

Might be more than you want to look at , but , at least you'd have a reserve , if that's important to you .

Thanks for all the help, I just realized my iPad corrected petcock to peacock and Percocet

Well good news, I guess the gas softened up the old gasket. Went out today and it hasn’t leaked a drop. It hadn’t been ran in months.

Mine leaks into the carb even when turned off. Never leaves a puddle but always is out of gas if I leave it for a week or so.

good to keep some on hand so if you crash, you can just pop a few while u wait for the ambulance...

« Go to Topic — end of thread