No oil drain plug?

I cannot seem to find a drain plug anywhere, just the fill hole on the side. How do I change the oil in a 1978 Sachs Hercules.

There also appears to be a leak around my clutch plate, how would I fix the oils seal there?

Thanks for the help, I'm still new to this!

15525999554161097942288.jpg

Re: No oil drain plug?

Tilt it and oil come out from it

Chöschi21 C.K. /

That would be the way to do it,

Badda Bing badda boom, thanks guys

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Also, i want to say that you should never try and open the Screw that's on the Bottom of the Manual versions if you want to drain the Oil, well except if you are okay with it being a pain in the Ass to put it back together and possibly having to open up the Block.

to drain I just take the whole side cover off.

the screw or bolt on the bottom of the manuals is a drain, but also acts as a pivot pin for the bottom of the gear selector arm. It can be a pain to get back in but you can use a screwdriver to line it up and then shove the bolt back in, and you can also line it up by working the shifter arm on top of the motor. It's way easier off the bike, that'd suck to tryn reinstall if motor was still mounted

I've got the side clutch gasket (which would be why it leaks, looks like nothing's there... and I got a spare drain plug if you need em. I've cut those gaskets out of cereal boxes and had luck, or get gasket paper, it's a simple one to cut, doesn't even need to line up perfectly, just cover the outside. sometimes it will need the space to keep the cover from pressing the starter arm tho.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I've got the side clutch gasket (which would be why it leaks, looks like

> nothing's there... and I got a spare drain plug if you need em. I've

> cut those gaskets out of cereal boxes and had luck, or get gasket paper,

> it's a simple one to cut, doesn't even need to line up perfectly, just

> cover the outside. sometimes it will need the space to keep the cover

> from pressing the starter arm tho.

I was able to just drain it from the fill hole, but since you mentioned it, where a gasket should be looks like there's a bubblegum looking substance on it, I'm guessing to seal it. I haven't taken off the cover yet though to see.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account