2011 Tomos

Nicholas Brown /

This person wants 700 for this and it has 4100 miles, worth it?

Screenshot_20190317-073832.png

Re: 2011 Tomos

Nicholas Brown /

Says runs well and starts up quick

Not with that mileage.

If you take it for a nice 5 mile run and it runs great,YES, it IS worth 700 bucks.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Probably gonna need new clutch shoes with that mileage. I’d subtract $100 just for that. If it were in my neck of the woods, I wouldn’t pay more than $400 for a garden variety tomos step through.

That tint over the picture makes it really hard to see any detail but a complete, unmodified bike that does actually still run to 30mph smoothly without odd noises... I would give $500 for. As mentioned, clutches are not going to be in new condition and you will be approaching the replacement of other parts like brake linings, chain/ sprockets, bulbs, tires etc. All of those things need to be inspected and considered as part of the sale price to make it streetable and reliable after the purchase.

Nicholas Brown /

Thanks for the help, I'll offer him 500 and see what he says!

I ran 10,000 miles on MY first set of clutches,so I don't see it as a show-stopper. If you can get it for 600, that's a steal in my book.

BTW,you guys that stay on the throttle instead of letting up between shifts...……….THAT'S WHY you burn out clutches more quickly IMO.

« Go to Topic — end of thread