In search of Puch mechanic near Delaware

I'm dying to get my 77 Newport back in action. Had it with a "mechanic" for 6 months and he dropped it off unfixed. I'm mechanically inept but if someone can help me out, I'd be super thankful. Rob

Re: In search of Puch mechanic near Delaware

stare hard in the mirror.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I'm in northwest NJ if you're up for a road trip.

I think you underestimate your abilities; $40 worth of tools and the wiki/youtube is all you need to get that bike running. Once you get familiar with the bike you won't have to spend any more money on other people fixing it, too.

Overpriced Parts /

> Rob Watson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'm dying to get my 77 Newport back in action. Had it with a

> "mechanic" for 6 months and he dropped it off unfixed. I'm

> mechanically inept but if someone can help me out, I'd be super

> thankful. Rob

If it’s a leaky tank like you stated in your very first post a year ago you may need a new frame

Shawn Skibicki /

I’m in Wilmington and I’ve got a few maxi frames laying around if we can’t fix yours we can alway switch all your good bit to one of my frames.

I appreciate the confidence you guys have in me but I don't have much confidence in myself. I think the leaking tank is fixed. Currently when you pull the starting lever it won't fully engage. The "mechanic" before took it all apart. It worked before and now it doesn't and now it's leaking oil. It's close to engaging but just off. I'm in Wilmington so that would be great if you could help and/or teach me. Rob

I'm just outside of Philadelphia, maybe we could hook up?. I don't know if you have a shop, but recently I ve got out of boating and have between 6/8 Puchs in the stable. Contact me if would be interested in pooling our resources. Thank you Robert.

« Go to Topic — end of thread