Re: no spark

jim magera /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I removed the coil to clean the surfaces and make sure the bolts are clean given how that's how the coil is grounded. While I was at it I also measured the coil's resistance with a DMM and got the following readings:

-where the black wire connects and to ground (mounting holes) with meter set at 200Ohms (lowest setting) = 0.32

- at the tip of the spark plug wire and to ground with meter set to 20kOhms = 7.410

Curiously, if I remove the spark plug wire and measure at the threaded stud that inserts into the spark plug wire I get 2.145 with meter set at 20kOhms. Does that mean the wire offer a significant part of the resistance?

The Tomos manual does not give measurements for the coil. Wondering if anyone can tell me if these readings appear normal? Thanks!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.