Fuel filter/line assembly

I'm getting my mopeds on the road in the near future and one of the tasks is to add in-line fuel filters and new fuel line.

I went to the local ACE Hardware to get line used by 2 cycle chain saws and filters that SHOULD fit that size line. It's pretty difficult to slip the line onto the filters, so I boiled up some hot water, dipped the end of the line into the hot water for a second to make it a little more flexible, and slid the end onto the filter with minimal effort.

Do you think this will cause any problems with the fuel line?

Re: Fuel filter/line assembly

Angry Hipster /

That line is garbage. Go to napa and get some bulk 3/16" fuel line and be done with it.

kevin Smellaflange /

i've had good luck w/some blue yamaha fuel line...

it's still been flexible when i change over the filters...

it tends to turn green if someone leaves it on too long, yellow & blue make green.

small filters shouldn't be a problem getting fuel to the carb, ie; pingel high flow petcocks to deliver a garden hose worth of aviation fuel, H-D w/ an ANDREWS N4

cam installed for example.

I buy the colored fuel line from Treatland, sold by the yard. Colored to match my bikes.

And paper filters w/ magnet in a 10-pack from Scramazon(edited)

that thin hard line you need to heat can lead to fuel starvation issues.

i buy mine by the foot from the local honda dealer.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> Seth B Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I buy the colored fuel line from Treatland, sold by the yard. Colored to

> match my bikes.

>

> And paper filters w/ magnet in a 10-pack from Scramazon

I've never had luck with the paper filters on amazon, especially the cheap ones. I got box of 10, and they were not even filters, just a plastic container with 2 barbs on it and a piece of pleated paper bouncing around loosely inside, with no conceivable way of actually being able to filter anything.

« Go to Topic — end of thread