Is the Yamaha QT50 (Yamahopper) and the MA50 (Carrot) the same thing?

Dustin Schings /

I just needs to know if I order parts that are marked good on a QT50 if it will work just the same on my '79 MA50. Specifically gasket sets.

Re: Is the Yamaha QT50 (Yamahopper) and the MA50 (Carrot) the same thing?

Dustin Schings /

Anyone know?

Jack Rutherford /

I'm going to go with, "What is yes" for $500 Alex.

It sure looks like Yamahopper to me.

Yes 98% the same. Head light, flashers, rear rack, and the color of some plastics are what is diff. All interchangeable. Yes you should be fine with QT50 gaskets and PW50. The way to tell if a part is the same go to a Yamaha site look up the MA50 part # and the QT50 #. Same # Same part

Dustin Schings /

Makes sense. Thank you a ton! Do you know, was the "Carrot" just the overseas name for the Yamahopper or??? No one I have spoke with has ever even heard of a Carrot lol.

Carrot is just the overseas name for the MA50M I believe. Thats what they're called here in England anyway. No idea why they thought Carrot would be a good name for a moped. Maybe it means something totally awesome and fast sounding in Japan, like TurboDick or Shaft Drive Harley Killer..... Or just a 2 stroke Root Vegetable

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account