First project

Picked up a 82 Motobecane V50 yesterday thinking it was gonna be a piece of cake to get started and was sadly mistaken. Seems to have compression but I’m not sure how to check compression. Can’t really tell if it has spark or not. Don’t know what position is which on the gas lever or the kill switch. Positive is I took the carb apart today and cleaned it out.

I’m totally lost and any assistance would be greatly appreciated. #NewMember

D8304EEA-E6F3-4953-AD02-D16B8F1209F7.jpeg
E96DF57F-E43F-425D-9F3B-713C1E419E2E.jpeg
E44F8046-07AF-4EAB-B177-0F4CAD43F6D8.jpeg

Re: First project

Woof, you messed up. Mobys are not the easiest intro to mopeds.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Sell it and get a Puch. That’s what I would do.

first off you're gonna need the flywheel...

https://www.treatland.tv/USED-motobecane-NOVI-stock-points-flywheel-p/used-motobecane-novi-flywheel.htm

or you could start by dumping money into this...

https://www.treatland.tv/motobecane-CDI-p/motobecane-cdi-ignition.htm

but yeah you're gonna go nowhere w/o spark

Def no spark without a flywheel. Your gonna wanna ditch the gurtner carb for a 15 Bing and shorty intake.

^he means 15 dellorto sha.

Go back to seller...….he probably has parts lying around,including that flywheel.

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> ^he means 15 dellorto sha.

yup, thanks man. my bad too many beers///

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> ^he means 15 dellorto sha.

^this. Because without the air filter cover you'll never get it to run right. And that cover is hard to find.

#fuckmobys

kevin Smellaflange /

moby's forever!

Red one is the best one, fuel valve, pull to the outside of the bike, kill switch, rotate right, and then never touch it again! Use decomp to kill the engine. Drain fuel, replace with fresh, if tank is rusty make sure to ad an inline filter. Did you remove the flywheel or did the bike not come with one? The aftermarket carb mentioned is a good bet but I run the stock gurtners with no issues.

No the bike moped was complete. I took the pic when I had already started taking it apart. Did get it running but this carb is a piece of crap. That’s all I need at this time. Any link on a decent Carb???

Send me a link for that carb. How much are they?

Does it bolt up or do I need to change things around?

Send a link. Which one do I need?

derek from black pipes moped gang /

Delorto SHA 15.15 with a motobecane av7 shorty intake. Look up what jetting range you’ll need and buy a handful of jets in that ballpark. Doscycles or treats are both good places to buy from.

I have a 1982 v50 not sure which intake etc. If I send pics would that help?

derek from black pipes moped gang /

Your engine is an av7

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account