1987 Garelli Monza GT

matthew dibiase /

Hey guys so even though I just signed up for this forum, this forum has helped me alot so far but now I have an issue I cant find anywhere. I have found such limited help on this bike. I bought a Garelli Monza GT 1987 Gold body from a guy and after tuning it and working out some bugs its now my daily and it runs fine I just have more tuning to do.

Well, one thing im working on among a few other things is the CDI Box. My Lights are super dim when riding so im guessing thats it, and even if it isnt, I want it replaced because this bike is my daily and its already being built to be a 50mph around town vehicle.

To get to the point, I have no idea where the CDI Box is. Can anyone give me an insight on where it is and whats the best option to replace it? Prefer to stick with Treat Land parts.

Re: 1987 Garelli Monza GT

matthew dibiase /

Also, if anyone has any idea on what brakes this bike takes off of treat land that would help me a bunch. Im currently in contact with them and they are helping me out but still if you have the info share!

I could be wrong but the gold model should be a 1986 and it should be points not CDI ignition.

Anthony Sanchez /

What’s your top speed on it?

Any ideas of the top speed ?

matthew dibiase /

Around 35mph.

If it was converted to electronic ignition, the cdi box should not affect the lights. Make sure you have the correct voltage light bulbs and that all your connections/grounds are good.

matthew dibiase /

Well I’m not sure how to do that at all haha. This bike is so peculiar and I can’t find anything online about it. I actually don’t even see a Cdi box. It’s just wires connected to this weird plate. Ichave no idea

Ya it probably has the original points setup like mentioned above. Post pics of the weird plate if possible.

Head light bulb: 6v, -25/25w

Tail light bulb: 6v, 4w

Brake light bulb: 6v, 10w

(edited)

« Go to Topic — end of thread