WTF is wrong with this Tomos ignition? A3 12v no spark

3 Wire 12v CEV Stator:

-Black wire to coil

-Blue wire external ignition ground (stays grounded but when circuit opens, supplies power/ return path to brake lights)

- Yellow lighting coil

Bike WAS running fine, everything working (no horn present). No changes and suddenly has no spark EXCEPT if you wire two things differently:

-Flip flop blue and yellow wires: yellow lighting coil wire to brake light circuit, blue wire to lighting circuit - Bike runs great and everything works as it should

OR

-Spark only: blue wire to ignition coil (Does NOT work if I go black wire to coil & blue wire to ground)

I have the kill switch disabled to rule that out (black wire only to coil, not connected going to switch)

I've tried a spare stator. It worked perfectly immediately and now I'm having the same issues.

Really losing my mind over here. Got about 8 hours into troubleshooting this thing.

Re: WTF is wrong with this Tomos ignition? A3 12v no spark

Couple more things:

When it's wired up via flip flopping Yellow/Blue, the headlight switch acts as a kill switch (makes perfect sense, since it's breaking the blue wire's path to ground)

I'm really assuming it has something to do with the brake light circuit but nothing is adding up.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Well I think the blue should mount right to the gnd. On the ht's mount the yellow out as main power the black is trigger for ht the other terminal also goes to the ht coils mount

Your brakes may always be on.

You did ground the tail...

everythings shorted into one wire.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Just curious are you trying to put the horn in the circuit if you are then it has to go to the horn before the headlight and there's a double yellow that goes up to the lighting and then it does all this funky stuff and it ends up as your turn signals the horn might not be autonomous horn and not have the right resistance or you have your terminals flipped on it

♣Slew Foot♣ /

The other answer is that your electrical system is wired completely 100% backwards and that your negative is your positive in your positive is your negative how it happened I don't know that being said you got to remember it is Slovenian or Windish...

« Go to Topic — end of thread