WTF is wrong with this Tomos ignition? A3 12v no spark

mike sweet /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

3 Wire 12v CEV Stator:

-Black wire to coil

-Blue wire external ignition ground (stays grounded but when circuit opens, supplies power/ return path to brake lights)

- Yellow lighting coil

Bike WAS running fine, everything working (no horn present). No changes and suddenly has no spark EXCEPT if you wire two things differently:

-Flip flop blue and yellow wires: yellow lighting coil wire to brake light circuit, blue wire to lighting circuit - Bike runs great and everything works as it should

OR

-Spark only: blue wire to ignition coil (Does NOT work if I go black wire to coil & blue wire to ground)

I have the kill switch disabled to rule that out (black wire only to coil, not connected going to switch)

I've tried a spare stator. It worked perfectly immediately and now I'm having the same issues.

Really losing my mind over here. Got about 8 hours into troubleshooting this thing.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account