1979 Motobecane 50V Decals/Paint?

Christopher Donovan /

Hello everyone- I'm brand new here.

I recently picked up a 1979 Motobecane 50V in pretty decent shape in my opinion. My plan is to strip this bike completely and go through each part individually and restore as best I can. The only decal that needs replacing is the left side chain guard decal. Before I remove it I'd like to make sure I can get a new decal. Also, it needs some paint touch ups in some spots. I've seen some talk about the color and I think this blue is "Brittany Blue"? If someone knows or could point me in the right direction it would be great. Thanks everyone in advance. I'm going to try and document this process the best I can. Cheers

IMG_3217.JPG
IMG_3257.JPG
IMG_3232.JPG

Re: 1979 Motobecane 50V Decals/Paint?

Same color as mine. I have a local body shop where you can take in a paint flake and they will match it. I also couldn’t find the exact color online

Christopher Donovan /

I'm gonna try and do that as well. Brittany blue looks very close to the color too with just a quick google search. Any idea on the decals?

https://www.doscycles.com/products/motobecane-40t-side-cover-decals

These are not the ones you want but email them. They may have them but haven't listened them.

doscycles@gmail.com(edited)

kevin Smellaflange /

i have 2 blue ones,79-80

the blue is still pretty vibrant, but an airbrushed paint flow match could easily be done.

just get a good airbrush artist to help you out.

the old grease turns to a waxy blob in the variator by now.

Christopher Donovan /

Thanks a lot Stephen I'm gonna email them and maybe they do

Christopher Donovan /

Are yours in pretty good shape? I may be looking for a few things down the road...

« Go to Topic — end of thread