Pedals won't engage (Tomos/A35)

Andrew Brusnahan /

Hey guys,

I ended up cracking my right side transmission cover so I had to replace it. When I put it all back together, the pedals would do anything. They just spun freely forwards and backwards without engaging the chain (forward) or firing mechanisms (backwards). I can't seem to figure out what I did wrong. The shaft just spins freely inside the internal sprocket.

IMG-3055.JPG
IMG-3056.JPG

Re: Pedals won't engage (Tomos/A35)

make sure your peanut claw do dad is in the slot b4 u gently tap the cover back on.

Make sure your claw collar is seated properly behind that pedal shaft. That would be the first thing I'd check. that little clip that comes off of the claw collar should be facing forward and seating in the peanut shaped opening.

Typical a55 problem is the main driving gear shreds the teeth off for pedal mode.

Andrew Brusnahan /

Y’all I’m a rookie when it come to small engine repair and this is my first Tomos so my experience is lacking. I have no idea what a claw collar or peanut thing is. Can y’all draw on the pictures to show me what your talking about.

Read this. Your problem is behind the sprocket and chain on the pedal shaft. Pull it back out.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?6,4221519

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account