Re: Different Honda Hobbit stator.

Ryan . /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I think we are talking about different things. Are you trying to say that the new stator is points and the ignition coil resistance readings are high?

They only list a CDI stator on their site so I believe I have answered my own question. Why are you even considering Frankenstein matching a CDi coil onto a points igniton? They are different in about every way that they could be.

If you are referring to the lighting coil then no, you could never damage it with any spark test as it is in no way connected to the ignition system and the power that the ignition puts out is such a minute amperage it couldn't do anything anyway.

I have never, ever seen a stock moped stator coil damaged by anything other than physical means. You just can't load them enough to do any kind of damage. Even confined in a flywheel cover they do just fine for decades.(edited)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account