Hi all, first time moped owner having some issues. Bought a cherry rebuilt 1977 Puch Maxi with the following mods.
• 70cc treat KIT
• 70cc hi hi compression head
• Tecno BOSS performance pipe
• 5 dellorto main jets - 80s range
• 5 dellorto main jets - 90s range
• Dellorto PHBG 21mm carburetor
• Malossi E12 air filter
• 19mm PHBG piston port intake
• Engine bearings and seals
• BLUE hi tension clutch springs
• E50 case allen bolts set
• Super stuffy racer crankshaft
• Domino grips
• Giuliari black TWO SEATER
• Passenger pegs
• Rear shocks
• Gold chain for both sides
• Brake pads
• Magura brake lever bolts
• All Cables
• Tubes and tires (sava MC1)
• Spark plug and spark plug boot
• Center stand kit
• EBR BLACK maxi forks WITH stabilizer + reinforced top plate
• MLM Reinforced swing arm
• Forks headset bearing set
• Petock, fuel line, and filter
• 17 tooth front sprocket, 41 tooth rear sprocket (comes with original 45t as well)
• Trail tech temp gauge and mount
• handlebars and mirrors
Had it for about a month road for about 35 miles with no problems at all. Easily hit 44 mph. Then recently very difficult to start, and drives for a bit then stalls up hills or after stopping at a light (read lots of threads have seen these problem). The other day drove for a bit then stalled. Wouldn’t start had to take a long walk home. When I came home let it sit then when I went to start it up it would idle really fast then die almost instantly.
Took off the Dellorto 21mm carb cleaned in with carb cleaning including all jets. The carb seemed really clean. Removed the 3 jets and soaked them sprayed everything down. Did notice the notch where the carb slide fits into had a bit of a chip and in the slide notch too. I sanded those down and it moved smoothly. Not sure if that would cause any issues. Changed out for new spark plug gapped properly. Tested spark has good blue spark. Bike has compression, and fuel seems to be flowing well. Cant test for leaks since I can’t get it to start and stay running.
Now the bike is very difficult to start. When it does start (rarely) it normally revs through the roof then stalls (5-10 seconds after starting) messed with the idle and mix screws with really no change.
Also think I have an issue with the throttle / cable. It doesn’t really snap back now after I cleaned the carb. When I take the air filter off I can see it operates but just doesn’t snap back. Opens with a little bump then slowly goes back but not really all the way. Sounds a bit like the cable rubbing against the carb slide spring when I pull back (might be normal-nothing to compare it to)
The guy I bought it off of is pretty far away but has been trying to help trouble shoot. Been watching videos, TONs of threads, Fred's guide, manuals. Just getting to the frustrating part and not knowing what to do. Any suggestions would be helpful.