WTB monza GT parts

Fly wheel, stator, magneto, Spark plug wire, ignition. Basically everything that creates spark.

FAA52BD9-F4EB-4418-BBA9-CF2D3C17D94B.jpeg
FDF6792B-4203-4E59-9108-04027A34824C.jpeg

Re: WTB monza GT parts

Dude, you may be better off getting a good VIP or Avanti engine. That thing looks like trouble....

Does the engine spin? What's the tranny look like inside?

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

Do avanti parts fit in this? I have an avanti stator, flywheel, and cdi box that are in good shape.

I'll take a look at it this evening

I’m not sure but if you can find out anything let me know. The engine has good compression not sure about the trans. Doesn’t seem like it was beat up but it does seem to have been under water at some point

How much should I look to spend on an engine?

Emil Kniemel /

For a garelli monza engine this is what you're looking at:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233116564562?ul_noapp=true

everything else you will require some fabbing of engine mounts to make work. Looks like it would be a good candidate for a derbi swapppppppp

A VIP engine will bolt right into this. But the upper mount needs finagling..

Same cases different internals..

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

Here's a photo of the avanti stator. Mounts are different. you could run without a woodruff key tho if it's not close enough.

IMG_20190423_182655.jpg

not sure about the taper fit tho for the flywheel

I saw that one as well. Has the mounts on top just like mine all the others don’t. But all I need are those pieces inside the flywheel and I think I’ll b good. I don’t wanna spend 500$ when I can buy I part for maybe 25/50$. Maybe you guys are rite tho I’m not sure at this point just playing the guessing game. If I could buy a new flywheel or upgraded one that fits and it gives me spark I’d be good.

I'm with Emil

Swap it or plan on spending big $

Even with the piston unstuck the internal pedal chains probably cooked and you will NEVER find one. Ever.

A VIP or Avanti swap would stay close to a stock look and with kits available you could get it to move pretty good.

A Derbi swap would make you a rad dude and im not sure youre ready for that.

Lol I don’t even know what a derbi is. Send me pic of one.

I’ve been having great luck with them. In the past 2weeks I have 4/5bikes running pretty good with minimal parts. I’m gonna try to keep the streak going with this one but if not I’m definitely gonna do the engine swap. Selling it isn’t an option.

Selling it should always be an option.

Well not at this point. I don’t wanna be a quitter plus every issue i have been with it I’m learning so it’s kind of a win win for me. I took a look at the avanti engine, looks identical. If the new flywheel doesn’t work that’s what I’m gonna do.

Show me what a Derbi is

> Always Working Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Well not at this point. I don’t wanna be a quitter plus every issue i

> have been with it I’m learning so it’s kind of a win win for me. I took

> a look at the avanti engine, looks identical. If the new flywheel

> doesn’t work that’s what I’m gonna do.

Find out everything you need to get it running and let me know. I probably have whatever you need but I'm only home one or two days a week so it may take me a while to get it all to you. I definitely have the ignition set up somewhere in my pile....

Derbi is a brand of Spanish moped. Reliable, well built and pretty damn powerful

Engines come on many different flavors. Piston port, flat Reed, pyramid Reed...start 3, start 5...all are dual variated neato beasts methinks.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/photos/brand/16/10072/

Nice!!!!!!! More power is always a plus. I google it lastnight to see what they were. Question; do they make top tank Derbi Mopeds???

yes! the derbi sport laguna is a toptank, a great bike.....derbi used a frame from a larger displacement motorcycle to make a neato moped for the us...probably rarer than a puch magnum ltd...never ever seen a laguna round here anyway

will you ever get one? well....after years of dedication and several thousand dollars and you might get one offa somebody...

i think u gotta find a good conditon garelli vip engine and swap it in.. the cases are identical, meaning the that the mounts are the same.(but no head mount)... and the vip engine has much better parts availability.....

monza engines are intersting..., vip cases, different stroke, rubber clutch i think....(edited)

I'd clean up that stator and flywheel and run it with new points and condensor. I've seen ones that looked that bad run just fine.

Wow!!!!!! Thanks I’m gonna take my time and try to figure this monza out.

That’s what I was thinking but I’m doing this project with my dad n breaks everything he touches. He broke a few of the screws on there. If I could get new points and condenser that would be great. Where can I buy them tho?????

Pull the points and match , if you can't find them at Treats or Dos or ???

You can use a lot of different condensers . I'd probably use an extenally mounted unit . Bosch is the best and here's one :

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/bosch-bosch-ignition-condenser-f204026047bos/10745298-p?c3ch=PLA&c3nid=10745298-P&adtype=pla&gclid=Cj0KCQjwkoDmBRCcARIsAG3xzl8BKZw2QwhMGhXtt00BJqqVJDo0gzayW3RV3D7Z-Bqt-OnqfYxtFTIaAl15EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account