Vespa/Kinetic malossi shoes + springs

Bought a mashup bike of a Vespa Grande and a Kinetic.. it appears to be a grande frame with kinetic parts, but who knows. its been super fun to figure out ahah anyways i bought a set of malossi shoes and springs reading that they'll work for both vespa and kinetic clutches. took the clutch off and it appears like it won't work together?? pics are below. im new to all this and just want to make sure i'm not missing something hanoobha

Clutch Pic.jpg

Re: Vespa/Kinetic malossi shoes + springs

u bought the vespa single speed clutch arms. that sits up front, your is the variated thats in the back. your og clutch arms r fine put some stiffer springs in.

Yep^^. Definitely single speed pads.

My bike is a single speed, non variated.. im sure of this, it just has a pulley on the rear hub. like i said it's mix and matched between a grande and a kinetic.. seems to have a vespa engine with variated grande clutch, and a kinetic non variated rear hub, all on a grande frame.. i'll return the malossi shoes and springs. can anyone guide me in buying new springs? should i look into new arms as well?(edited)

oh, shoes r fine, get stiffer clutch springs for variated vespa helps to measure.

your clutch is variated. if it fits on your rear hub, then you have a variated bike. mix and match as much as you like, but your bike is definitely variated not single speed.

if the rear hub is just a pulley, and the clutch is on the engine, it is single speed.

what you describe and what you post photos of are two different things.

some picts of your crank and rear shaft may help illustrate the issue.

heres the bike in all it's glory. hitting around 35mph with 13.13 and proma, 90 mm pulley. its been a fun bike, maybe pictures will help figure out what ive got lol

IMG_3492.jpg

Wylde. Yea I saw the d slot and not the key way that is a dead giveaway for the ss vespa. Also I have seen 3 different types of kinetic clutches now! You have a super rad one. Looks very beefy. Why were you trying to swap it out? The black springs look pretty substantial compared to stock.

ok, never seen that b4.

didnt even know this existed

Wait? Huh

Yup I’m just as confused.. it runs well tho with pretty good low end too, so I can’t complain. kinda getting the ratped vibe so I’ve just been throwing stuff on, which is why I bought the clutch shoes and springs. tried putting the black springs on but there’s no way they’ll work. any help as to which springs to buy??

Dirty30 Dillon /

Someone fitted Kinetic running gear to a Grande Frame and Sub.

The front clutch is the late model kinetic which was not a direct copy of the vespa front clutch, but I'm pretty sure it uses Variated Vespa CLutch shoes instead.

I mean.....shit... that is kinda sick. I would run that! I was lost but now I am found?

Single speed vespa are so cool.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account