‘96 Tomos Targa LX (A35) — Clearance issue for air filter

Hello!

Recently picked up a little project bike — ‘96 Tomos Targa LX. Working on getting it running.

Replaced to original SHA carb (was falling apart) with a reproduction but have a clearance issue with the cone air filter. I believe it’s one of the engine mount nuts that’s in the way. Any ideas on how to fix this? Have had no luck finding a 58mm offset coupler — so looking for other options other than getting the stock air box from Treats.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks much!

-Aaron

image.jpg

Re: ‘96 Tomos Targa LX (A35) — Clearance issue for air filter

get the og sha black cap w screen filters.

Josiah Radebaugh /

Make one out of lawn equipment air filter foam and the bottom of a pop can with a buncho holes in the bottom.

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

Hey I'm Alex, did I sell you this moped? It has the biturbo (stereotypical!). It had the leaky 14.12. It had some red rubber bits in the seat, a funky headlight. You bought it in Athens Ohio. Sorry, I just have to know.

Thanks for these suggestions! I like the idea of the stock cap -- and for $12, I'm sold! Hopefully it clears. Thanks.

Hi Alex -- Nope, not your bike. I'm down in Florida -- no biturbo -- no red bits. Cheers.(edited)

Josiah Radebaugh /

Good luck!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

If you find a suitable mount bolt you stick the bolt in the other way so the flat side is on the carb side and then there's no clearance issue now as far as you could use one of those metal disc filters from the Lord O damn voice app it's how he slow I'm going to leave that

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account