Missing Pin in Vespa Bravo Variator

Nick Johnston /

While replacing the back tire on my Vespa Bravo, I lost a small centimeter long pin, round on one end and flat on the other, which I believe catches the variator to start the moped. When I try to start without it, the pedals turn freely. I’m new to moped’s, excuse any incorrect terminology... Here’s a picture of the slot where it used to be. I have no idea where to look for a replacement, any suggestions?

9597B22B-EE54-4BDE-B0B6-48CB7CBC085C.jpeg
4C2DBFC7-990F-486C-8652-75F8913A9A74.jpeg
796A25DC-33B6-43EE-9211-D19EC21A9028.jpeg

Re: Missing Pin in Vespa Bravo Variator

That's a keyway, you lost the key...top tip, tractor supply or a hardware store.. you'll need a file to bring it down to size.

Treatland has this one they say is what you need if you don't mind waiting on the mail. Aaron is probably correct that yyou may still need to monkey file it

Key

i've always thought about a dog and then said,"wooruff". anyways u might take a wire brush to the starter shoes n clutch bell b4 assembly.

Nick Johnston /

I was able to find a key at Ace that fit perfectly, didn’t even have to file it down! Thanks for the help, Vespa’s rippin again.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account