Throttle Cable

Which throttle cable should I buy to replace my broken one? I currently own a 2006 tomos LX and I want to make sure I order the correct part.

Thank you.

Re: Throttle Cable

Dirty30 Dillon /

You should have just replied to the last thread you created for this same issue... with the same title.

Go on treatland.tv and select the right cable for your bike. Grab a few knarps while you are there in case it needs to me modified to fit.

> Liam McHale Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Which throttle cable should I buy to replace my broken one? I currently

> own a 2006 tomos LX and I want to make sure I order the correct part.

>

> Thank you.

https://www.treatland.tv/moped-long-throttle-cable-p/throttle-cable-universal-2050.htm

Length is overkill but you can just snip it at the end. Get some cable lube from the store and wipe the inner cable down with it to make sure it won’t get stuck. You’ll have to cut the housing too since it’s going to be too long. Get some cable housing ends and crimp them on after you cut the housing if you want it to be all buttoned up and perfect looking.

https://www.treatland.tv/cable-housing-end-chrome-p/cable-housing-end.htm

www.myronsmopeds.com/2015/07/one-ended-cables/#more-18163

I always get one that is longer because for some reason I have an issue when it comes to installing cables that are supposed to be the right length. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Can't just go to Walmart and buy a bicycle cable pack for 5 bucks ?

The robbers want over 10.00 now PD. Also the front cable in the pack is too short for any bike. You can only use the rear cable and the shifter cables for throttle and Decomp.

> cheetahchrome . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The robbers want over 10.00 now PD. Also the front cable in the pack is

> too short for any bike. You can only use the rear cable and the shifter

> cables for throttle and Decomp.

Good to know . Been a few years since I bought ... so much for price dropping . :(

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account