1982 Honda express won’t start

I just bought this urban express and it has really good spark but it won’t fire.

6108601C-DE1D-4285-8053-B6F9AAA61450.jpeg

Re: 1982 Honda express won’t start

Also does anyone have the air filter assembly for it to sell

> Owen Sims Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Also does anyone have the air filter assembly for it to sell

These are quite expensive if you find one. I ended up installing an angled Uni filter.

If I used one of those would I need to upgrade the jet or just put it on and go

Jack Rutherford /

you probably need to clean the carb to get it to start. Put a little gas/oil in the cylinder and see if it will fire.

I had to re-tube most of my tubing for the choke, gas and other things when I got the bike. There is an interesting choke on these that basically is like a IAC valve on a car. Air flows through this valve at start up and I think at idle. It may be clogged or unhooked.

It is under the carb, and looks likes a plastic tube.

> Owen Sims Wrote:

> If I used one of those would I need to upgrade the jet or just put it on

> and go

Mine started and ran with the UNI and the stock jetting . I sold it shortly after. A plug chop would be in order with this filter once you get it running.

What is a plug chop

Google is your friend :

Plug Chop

Does anyone have the exhaust cover thing and the battery cover for this

No info on the "exhaust cover thing". If you have the NU50M (Deluxe, electric start) the battery covers are hard to come by and usually expensive. I don't know about the NU50 battery cover.

This one has electric and kick start

That's the NU50M Deluxe.

Someone had 3d printed battery covers, search buy/sell.

I got new starting fluid and it started first kick and does anyone how much this model cost new

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Google it

Jack Rutherford /

you must mean the exhaust shield when you say exhaust cover thing

Yes

I don’t have a picture of it but towards the front of the engine, there is a spot where like 5 gas lines are hooked up, what is the point of that and do the automatic oil injection things break on these it ever need cleaned?

Jack Rutherford /

There are three lines for the automatic choke leading from top of cylinder head to various points on carburetor and intake.

The oil injection mechanism is pretty reliable. I can imagine a situation where you would need to clean it. Depends on how bad it is.

Is there a equivalent air filter that lets the same amount of air in as the original air filter?

I can pretty much guarantee the automatic choke is the issue. Those things are terrible when they aren't working correctly.

Here is the intake on my NU50 with stock jetting. It works perfectly, is rugged, and costs less than 15 bucks. 1-inch heater hose, a couple of clamps, a piece of sheet metal cut from a can of penetrating oil, and a UNI 107 one-inch breather filter.

20190516_173929.jpg

How so many people could lose the battery covers and air boxes, is a complete mystery to me. Who does that?

I bought a original air filter assembly for it. And for some reason after I cleaned the carb it leaks gas and also have a Honda nc50 which also leaks gas, is there something on these that does this or am I just bad at cleaning carbs, also does anyone have the rear fender and or the battery cover they would want to sell?

> Owen Sims Wrote:

> I bought a original air filter assembly for it. And for some reason

> after I cleaned the carb it leaks gas and also have a Honda nc50 which

> also leaks gas, is there something on these that does this or am I just

> bad at cleaning carbs, also does anyone have the rear fender and or the

> battery cover they would want to sell?

You're probably just bad at cleaning carbs . ;)

Brasso and Q tips . Polish the float seat to a glaring shine and be sure the float needle is without flaw .

That or a stuck float...hit the bowl with a screwdriver handle...see if the float comes loose.

Jack Rutherford /

add a fuel filter if you haven't already to keep dirt/rust from making the float stick

I am going to reupholster the seat, does anyone have some tips/tricks and what kind of staples should I use. I already got the old staples out and a little chunk of the foam is gone so would that show up when I finish it?

Thanks

54AE049C-9499-4C3B-94F1-4555018A40F7.jpeg

A missing chunk of foam WILL show up in a reupholstery job.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account