> I have been reading old Honda urban express posts and am going to get a

> new fuel petcock for this, I found some but I don’t know if they would

> be reliable or just junk. Also where would I get a gasket for the

> automatic choke?

probably have to cut your own gasket

Re: 1982 Honda express won’t start

I got the auto choke gasket back on

I just bought this today and did a compression test on it and it was around 120 like my other one. And it doesn’t have spark and a red wire with a fuse isn’t hooked up to anything and I am not sure where it goes

F714C8D9-D65C-4D84-AEF4-AB2349C1C911.jpeg
83EA617F-8524-4051-9D6E-1D6257D98068.jpeg
74701D55-529F-45A4-AAED-90F459465A00.jpeg

I put my jump box on that wire with the fuse and the green wire and the turn signals work and the back light works but the front light does not work so could that be the no spark issue

Captain Janeway /

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Find the manual and read .

>

> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14rEwN0boHBqOTA1ZTgCZpWqTs88C3FEQ

This. Great info and plenty of pictures.

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Find the manual and read .

>

> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14rEwN0boHBqOTA1ZTgCZpWqTs88C3FEQ

You now have two of these and still have not read up on the wiring? Did you compare it to the other one? Be careful you dont fry something with the jump box.

I was looking at the other one but the wires are bundled together inside the frame

Jump the two black and red wires together for spark. The lighting and ignition are ENTIRELY separate systems with the exception of the ignition switch. The headlight only works when the engine is running.

The two black on negative and two red on positive?

No the black with red stripe. The battery connector has an ignition jumper that prevents running if the battery is unplugged. It is not powered by the battery, just simply a disconnect safety feature to keep you from blowing the headlight by running the bike without a battery. Your connector has been cut off.

Can I still jump the wires to get spark? Because you said the connector has been cut off

Dude that is exactly what I said..

I’m sorry I sound like a idiot but are you saying I can’t see if there is spark without the connector?

I'm saying you can't see if there's spark without those two wires being one man. Factory they require the battery to be connected to JUMP THEM TOGETHER. Just twist them together. They are the same wire, same. It just runs into and then out of the plug so that the ignition power is broken if the battery is pulled. I can't say it any clearer.

I tried jumping all the wires different ways but I am still not sure what you meant when you said jump the two black and red wires together for spark and which wire doesn’t have the connector

This is what I did

1595D5AE-673F-42C9-9CDD-0377B0853C2F.jpeg
9BD7BCD3-F8DC-48CA-B794-6F8F491FD207.jpeg

The whole battery connector is missing man, you did fine. You have other spark issues. If it runs though you are going to blow the lights.

I still dont have spark So could it be the coil or is it electrical

These wires came from a different urban express, will they help?

05B03375-802E-445E-ACEE-A0ADAA18E33C.jpeg
1C046FDE-E3B4-4229-95BA-35A73ADCB5D2.jpeg
0C53820F-6C41-4D08-A7DA-F1B00F81C18C.jpeg

There's at least a battery connector in that harness..

I got spark. It was the Cdi

Captain Janeway /

Assuming your battery has the little connecting bolts, just crimp a connector to the end of the wire and screw it on that way. Worse comes to worse, I guess you could wiggle in the wire and squish it down with the nut, but I wouldn't necessarily count on it holding.

I cleaned the carb ( the jet was stuck and clogged but got it fixed) and it started but the oil doesn’t suck in it just seems like it’s pushing out and I tried shooting air in it but didn’t do anything.

357FCF8F-5C08-456F-A6AA-8FDC286AACCD.jpeg

Still have t figured out the oil problem on the black one. But I got a battery for the silver one and started and like usual it was idling high so I lowered the idle screw and it was good for a little bit and now it won’t stay running and won’t go full speed on the stand

Oil pushing from where?? The pump with no hose on it? One of the hoses? All of the hoses. The tank??

Be more specific.

It’s in the last picture I posted. The line from the oil tank to the oil pump ( I think that’s what it is)

Shawn Manthey /

You could just premix your fuel. Little peace of mind.