Peugeot 103 bogging after getting to temp

Owen McGunnigle /

Hello,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my pug and am hoping someone can help me out here. I've got a 103 with a phbg clone, treats CDI and 70cc kit. Its been very reliable for a long time but lately after riding for 10 min or so it'll start to bog on the low end pretty noticeably, but runs well past 1/3 throttle. Ive checked for vacuum leaks, still has good compression, carb is clean, and spark plug chop still is a nice golden brown. Any other things I should be checking?

Re: Peugeot 103 bogging after getting to temp

So your having to feather the throttle lightly back and forth just to get off the line till the bike reaches 15mph then the throttle roll is normal and then the bike will make good power correct?

Owen McGunnigle /

Essentially. It seems like if it isn’t held at almost full throttle as/slightly after the clutch engages it will want to cut bog out. This gets worse and worse as the bike runs and eventually it dies.

Owen McGunnigle /

I feel like it could have something to do with the trans, I’m not as experienced diagnosing problems there as a I am with the engine. It has 2 clutch springs and 3 balls with stock variator weights and a stifler spring.

might be in the clutches, like something is dragging or binding and you don't have the grunt to get the bike going until you are making more power.

seems heat related, which to me commonly points to failing ignition system, maybe your HT coil/cap/plug wire (also condenser, but not so much in your case) is unhappy when hot - try checking your timing and resistances once up to temp.

does it rev freely on the stand/ with no belt on ?

as always - you can swap with known good components to troubleshoot.

Check your reeds. I have blown one side of the stock reeds before. Wouldnt idle and sucked off the line then would wake up.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account