Adding a 12v 5ah battery to tomos idea+tips

Anthony Vargas /

So I started tinkering with a battery and I noticed that the previous owner of my bike had installed a Honda r/r , and my brain said “whoa I can use a battery!” Now as for the battery would anyone know if I would have to implement a 8ah fuse ? I tested out the battery on my turn signals, horn and it all works except the turn signals, it flashes twice and then dies. The horn on the other hand gets power

Re: Adding a 12v 5ah battery to tomos idea+tips

5ah is far overkill for any moped uses.

Overpriced Parts /

> DPC Ryan Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> 5ah is far overkill for any moped uses.

My revival has a stock 4 amp hour battery but a few years ago ago I put a five amp hour battery in it from flea bay but it didn’t last for it was from China and it only lasted one year before it was junk and won’t take a charge!

I went back to the original Tomos 4 amp hr battery and two years later it still works even when it drained all the way down it will charge right back up!

Anthony Vargas /

the battery was one that I found and I know it may be over kill but how would I connect it to the rectifier , all cables are connected except one and im assuming its the DC output , im waiting for a multimeter as well . would a 7.5a fuse work well with the 5ah battery? I did notice on a revival diagram that it has a 4ah battery but uses a 8a fuse

Overpriced Parts /

> Anthony Vargas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> the battery was one that I found and I know it may be over kill but how

> would I connect it to the rectifier , all cables are connected except

> one and im assuming its the DC output , im waiting for a multimeter as

> well . would a 7.5a fuse work well with the 5ah battery? I did notice on

> a revival diagram that it has a 4ah battery but uses a 8a fuse

A 4 Amp hour battery produces way more than 4 Amps at one time, it could probably produce 2-300 Amps at once, 4 Amp hour means it could hold then discharge 4 amps of continuous current for one hour, so in theory but not practically for it would probably melt everything, it could discharge 240 amps for a minute,

7-8 amp fuse would be fine

The wiring is extremely dependent on exactly what rectifier you have, if it is even a rectifier. Might just be a regulator. Need pictures and part numbers.

I run an HID and a water pump on 2.8AH total, for reference to what I said about overkill. I can run both for about 5min with the engine off before voltage drops low enough toal make the HID ballast blink.

Anthony Vargas /

I’ll add more pictures later on but this 4prong r/r has a yellow wire , a green, a red and last but not least a pink wire , I’m assuming 2ac and 1 ground and one dc output being the pink wire model of r/r is S4B-01 Honda , I haven’t hooked up the battery yet

F7163BC7-04CA-47EA-8EE3-B5D4FE3DBEEB.jpeg
« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account