1978 pa50 i cdi conversion? Or new ignition coil.

I have 1978 pa50 i and i was riding the other day and shut the bike off then returnes to restart and i had lost spark i have power to my igniton coil i also tried putting a new condensor on it wich resolved nothing. I cannot find a direct fit coil for it i was wondering if anyone knew of a place i might find one. If not is it possible to to convert it to pa50 ii style ignition? Help is greatly appreciated .

Re: 1978 pa50 i cdi conversion? Or new ignition coil.

But did you ever file the points with a point file? I lose spark on my hobbit every now and again, I file the points, shit runs great again. Especially if you leave your bike outside (even covered outside), file the points. It's free (aside from the cost of a points file) and takes almost more time. File until you get spark cause I can almost guarantee you'll get spark

I had already filed my points a few days befoew and it ran great but this is not a points issue i believe i did try re cleaning them though an dno success.

It could be your kill switch has failed. Very uncommon on Honda but possible,

Delete the blk/wht wire from the rubber covered bundle under the left step cover.

If not I have some honda stators

Use your multimeter and take resistance readings of your coil. Report them back here.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account